Monday, August 11, 2008

366 Days

Today just happens to be 366 days since my husband and I were married. In other words, today, is our one year anniversary. I know, you're probably thinking, "wait, there are 365 days in a year?" Yes, three out of four years you would be correct, but this past year was a leap year. So my husband and I had to handle one additional day of newlywed status.

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm actually very excited not to be labeled a "newlywed" anymore. I never liked that label. I don't know why, but it just made it seem like our relationship was young and inexperienced. I know my husband and I are very young, we're both in our mid-twenties, but we dated for over five years before we got married. To compare that, our best friends have been "together" for the same amount of time as us and they have two beautiful children. Some people don't date for very long before they get married and some people date forever (or so it seemed at the time!).

Anyway, we're going back to the place we were married for dinner and to spend the night. Hopefully the top layer of our wedding cake is defrosted by tomorrow for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment