Thursday, August 21, 2008

An amazing twelve hours

The O's came through and won last night. They didn't just win, but they won in convincing fashion with the final score reading 11-6. That made me very, very happy and my brother-in-law very, very unhappy.

Then, when my husband and I arrived back home from the O's game we were pleasantly surprised to find that the Women's Beach Volleyball game was still on TV. (we didn't realize that the Gold Medal game was scheduled for 11pm instead of the earlier time slot) After quickly wearing out the pups we were able to enjoy most of the second game. Let's just say that the combination of rain, sand, hot women, jumping up and down and white uniforms should become a template for bumping up TV ratings. Congratulations are indeed in order for Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh.

Finally, this morning the best thing happened. The USA Women's Soccer team was able to defeat the Brazilians for the Gold Medal. Yes, Team USA was outplayed. Yes, Marta is an incredible player and I honestly felt bad for her. Yes, Hope Solo was finally able to put all the controversy from last year's World Cup Semi-Final game behind her. All in all, I'm incredibly happy the USA won. I literally leapt over my coffee table when Carli Lloyd found the back of the net in the 96th minute. Then, I almost broke my coffee mug when she dinked a ball off the goal post minutes later. Poor Jax and Jewels must have thought I was possessed because they both bolted from the room when I jumped over the coffee table. My husband knows better than to comment on my erratic behaviors because his fist-pumps put my antics to shame.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do once the Olympics are over. Sure I'll sleep more, but I'll have a lot more free time. Mmmmm maybe I can start running more.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, if they'd paired the Phelps' wins, with Misty/Kerri and the soccer girls I don't think I could have handled it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even imagine adding on a Phelps' win on top of everything else. I think I would have spontaneously combusted right then and there.

    ReplyDelete