Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Caught redhanded!!!


I swear, I have more going on in my life than just obsessing over my sunflower plants. Really, I do and in a few days I'm sure I'll get over these darn plants and talk about something else.

I snapped this picture this morning. Yes, it is a crappy picture, but I couldn't exactly open the window, remove the screen and direct the squirrel. So, here is one of the squirrels that is enjoying my sunflowers. As you can see in the photo, you can only see one other flower head... yeah the punks have eaten the rest of the flowers on that particular plant. I don't want to acknowledge this as reality yet, but I only have four plants left that have all of their flowers intact. Part of me wants to rip all of the plants up this weekend, just so I don't have to look at these gigantic flowerless plants.

Thankfully, I might be able to save some of my plants. I asked for help on the Nest and a few gals came to the rescue. I'm going to try spraying the plants with a water and vinegar solution. I was going to spray the plants this morning, but with a 70% chance of rain, I didn't want to waste my precious vinegar. Hopefully that will do the trick and then my sob story will have a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment