Saturday, September 20, 2008

The end of an era

I can't believe this day is here already. Sunday, September 21, 2008 aka the last Yankees game in Yankee Stadium. Now, I'm incredibly curious why the Yankees aren't ending their season at home. I mean, why on earth would the schedule makers allow the Yanks to close Yankee stadium a full week before the regular season ends???? The hubs tried to come up with a few answers, but I call bs on all of them.

See, I truly believe there are three types of people in this world: Yankee Lovers, Yankee Haters and those people who don't care about baseball (honestly, I don't know that many of them). Even my Yankee Hater friends are confused as to why the last game of the regular season isn't in Yankee Stadium. We agree that the Yankees should close the drapes on The Stadium against the Red Sox. Anything less is just sub-par. Sorry O's.

Thank goodness that the last game is being broadcast on ESPN. It's a nice touch to let the Yankee fans all over the U.S. have the opportunity to see "the house that Ruth built" one last time.

I'm just bitter. I'm not happy about the new stadium at all. I have no idea how some people think it is a wonderful idea to take a place that has so much history, so much feeling, so much pizazz and then tear it down. Travesty! What's next, tear down Wrigley Field or Fenway Park? Absolutely not!


Here's some pictures I took this past December on a trip to Cooperstown.

1 comment:

  1. Ton and I were just talking about how odd it is! I can't even imagine the mourning.

    ReplyDelete