Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SATC

We're weak, we gave in and we have no self-control... the hubs and I watched "Sex and the City" tonight. Actually, we saw it in the movie theater earlier this summer, but I went out and bought the DVD today. We had a little dinner and movie date night. Hey, for a Wednesday night that's cool in my book!

I must say, I felt the pace of the movie was much slower the second time I watched it. Maybe, it's because I knew what was going to happen and I just wanted the big parts (no pun intended) to show up already. It's a funny movie though, not very quotable due to some of the vulgar language, but funny. (okay, maybe the movie more quotable for others, but I'm not a fan of swearing)

The hubs laughs at almost anything Samantha says. She's by far his favorite character. I can share that over the internet, but not with any of our real life friends... because that would give it away that my hubs likes SATC. Now if I only could get him to love the movie "Love Actually" we'd be good to go.

Here's my plug for the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, rent it. Seriously, even if you never watched the series on television (I'm not sure that is possible with its syndication on at least two different channels) there is a quick sum up at the beginning of the movie to catch everyone up. Grab your gals, break open a few bottles of wine and let the laughter flow (possibly a few tears as well).

Get Carried away (okay, that was just too easy and too cheesy!!!!).

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't seen it, but have added your encouragement as a reason to!

    ReplyDelete