Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Whew... I'm tired

Today was a pretty productive day, well, in terms of my own personal fitness that is. Today I did the following:
- ran 4 miles
- took Jax on a 1.5 mile walk and the last half was more of a controlled jog (FYI- hubs was walking Jewels. She wasn't neglected.)
- completed a lovely On Demand Yoga workout

I feel good. I almost feel good enough to want to start lifting weights again, but then that desire quickly subsides. Lifting is a difficult story for me. See, I used to lift weights all the time in high school and in college. In high school I sort of tinkered around with all of my dad's weights in our family's basement. Then, in college I had to partake in a much more stringent weight-lifting routine directed by my soccer coach. To sum up, I don't like to lift anymore. I'm one of those weird females that bulks up rather easily and I try to avoid any and all interaction with the shiny weights littering my own basement. Unfortunately, my husband lifts 3-4 times a week and every time he heads downstairs he asks if I want to join him. We're a year into our marriage and I'm already running out of excuses as to why I don't want to lift. Oh well, he'll catch on sooner or later.

I'm tired. My arms feel a little tight, yet, that is an oddly pleasant feeling. I'm going to veg out on the couch and watch the end of "V for Vendetta" and wonder if I could ever pull off the shaved head look as nicely as Natalie Portman (the answer is a definite and resounding no!).

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on your accomplishments!

    Interesting that you dislike lifting . . . I'd literally give my left arm right now to lift as I did while training! Ahh, the feeling of a successful clean! :)

    Enjoy your movie, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete