Friday, November 14, 2008

T-minus two weeks

Two weeks from now I hope to be done with the vast majority of my Christmas shopping. Wait, what? Yes, two weeks from today is Black Friday!!! Of course in normal Black Friday tradition all of the shopping occurs in a caffeine-induced, hyper state very early in the morning. There's just something about waking up well before the crack of dawn, going shopping and walking back to your car, packages in tow, before the sun comes up!

The hubs and I are on the hunt for a new tv this year, so that's where we'll be spending the majority of our energy on Black Friday morning. After that we have a few things in mind, but we can't share since a few family members read this blog (hey! a comment here and there couldn't hurt people!!!).

I must admit, I didn't know about Black Friday until I met my hubs. I think my family usually spends the Friday after Thanksgiving in a turkey and mashed potato coma. The in-laws, on the other hand, start prepping before they even eat their Thanksgiving dinner.

The first year I went shopping with them I was completely overwhelmed. I remember walking into Macy's at 6am and then standing in line for 40 minutes. It was sheer craziness!!! But, well worth it. I bought my mom her Spode Christmas dishes at an insane price. My brother-in-law is one of those hard-core individuals who braves the cold and waits in line at Best Buy. Hopefully, this year he'll let us sneak in with him so we can hunt down our tv.

Thankfully, you don't need to run out and buy a newspaper (even though we do). You can check out all the fantastic deals from the safety of your own computer.

http://bfads.net/
Bookmark it! Check it often. I hope it's true and this is a leaked Best Buy ad.

1 comment: