Monday, November 24, 2008

You're gonna need a bigger boat

Last year the hubs and I stayed home and prepared our own Thanksgiving dinner. This year my brother-in-law is joining us, so we've added another stomach to feed to our table. Unfortunately, we don't have a dining room table. Well, we do, but it's stored down in the basement.

Yeah, not having a dining room is really one of the things that bugs me the most about our duplex. Then, I have to remind myself that it's only a rental and hopefully we won't be renting for that much longer.

Oh well. The hubs and I decided to set up the table tonight and see how cramped we were going to be. Let's just say that our little pub table isn't going to cut it for Thanksgiving dinner. It could, but once you add the charger plates, small centerpiece, extra glasses, vegetable bowls, etc. the poor table is maxed out. Looks like I'm going to have to spend Wednesday evening pulling out our dining table and then reassembling it in our living room. Thank goodness it's an Ikea table and it'll take me mere minutes to put it back together. Dragging it out of the basement, well, that might take a bit more time.

I can't wait to use our china!!!

(I hope everyone knows where I snagged that title line.)

1 comment: