Thursday, February 19, 2009

I've been a bad blogger

There I said it! Admitting the problem is the first step towards recovery, right? Anyway, I'm a bad blogger because I hardly ever visit other blogs. How is that even possible? Google Reader my friends, I am a complete and total addict. I tend to only comment on blogs that have that cool little feature that allows you to post directly from Google Reader and not have to actually visit the blog.

Pathetic, I know.

In the past week or so I've made it a point to visit every single blog in my Google Reader. I found out that some of you have pretty cool looking blogs. Far advanced from my pitiful attempts to jazz up my own blog. While checking out everyone's blogs I noticed that there are some really cool features out there and I've been missing out on those. I've missed out on the Twitter updates, wish lists, mini Flickr slide shows,intricate blog headers, fantastic blog backgrounds, running mileage, goals, baby charts, etc. The one feature I'm not a fan of is that little stalker widget aka the Life Traffic Feed. That thing creeps me out!!! Okay, not really, but when I see my town listed a few times I make a mental note to stop visiting that blog for a while (which is bad, because I should be visiting more often).

Anyway, I've been a bad blogger and I'm hoping to change. My first step towards change is that I vow to start commenting more often. The reason for doing this is two-fold, I'll actually start viewing all the hard work you put into maintaining your blog and I love reading comments on my own blog, so maybe you like reading them on yours. My next step towards becoming a better blogger is upping the maintenance on my own blog. I know it seems like I took a step backwards, but I changed up my template and went with something much simpler. I know scrapbook inspired blogs are all the rage right now (they are adorable), I realized that I'm a less is more type of person. I like white space and I like black text. Until I decided to ditch that plan, I'll be keeping things simple around here. Plus, I'm going to actually start using the labels feature. Who knows, maybe that might help people find their way around my blog a bit easier (or help myself when I'm trying to find an old post).

To kick things off, I made a new blog header. It isn't perfect, I'm not a fan of how the yellow flourish looks pixelated, but I'm working on it. Who knows, maybe next year I'll take on the challenge and try to code my own little blog template. Or, I could just have my incredibly talented sister come up with something for me, but calling in a professional would be cheating (and she better do it for free!!!)

Anyway, let me know what you think of the changes. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to Google Reader too. I just don't have the time anymore to visit every blog. And yes, I would do your blog code for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I didn't even know there was a feature that allowed you to comment through GR!

    Nice work thus far. I agree with you on the scrapbooking blogs. They're cute . . . but not necessarily me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you pulled me out of google reader :) I'm addicted to google reader and never visit blogs outside of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..thanks for visiting my blog! Love meeting new people on here..but I agree with you on the Rihanna and Chris ordeal. I hope her day is good..she is finally 21! An important milestone. And look...she will never forget this birthday. I hope they find out who did this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I like the new header && 2. I am totally bad too - I really need to comment more... I am working on it!!

    ReplyDelete