Monday, March 9, 2009

Why hello there spring time

I think there is one constant thing about spring and fall- the fickle weather. One day it's snowing and then a few days later it's 70 degrees. At least that has been the case this past week.

I'm fairly certain that there will be one or two more blasts of cold weather this spring, but it looks like things are starting to warm up. I'm still a little surprised that Saturday had temperatures in the 70s (not completely shocked because there were 60 degree days in February). Of course these constant cold and warm temperature shifts have left our backyard in a state of disarray. There's more mud out back than there is grass, which doesn't look so nice when it is tracked inside by two dogs (or a husband, take your pick).

Thank goodness we have a large public park less than five minutes away. The ground was much dryer there than our backyard, which is odd considering the multiple streams running through the park. Jax and Jewels are definitely out of shape, but hopefully in a few weeks they'll be back in fighting shape and will be able to tackle the more strenuous trails.

I'm just excited that I got to wear my flip flops out on Saturday afternoon! Of course my good mood was able to carry me through a screening of Watchmen, which wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping it would be.

Pit stop #1.

Pit stop #2. Good thing I brought my Nalgene bottle. Funny story about the little spray bottle seen in the background. When Jewels was in obedience class, the instructor sprayed her with a water bottle when Jewels would bark at other dogs. Now, all the hubs and I have to do is just hold a spray bottle and Jewels acts like a somewhat non-hateful dog. She doesn't play well with others.

Let's go!

Jax is all about going in the stream.

Jewels, on the other hand, is not a fan of the water.

The hubs and I can't wait to take the dogs out again next weekend. We're going to try to make it to the park at least twice a month this spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment