Friday, May 8, 2009

Being friendly is still cool

Last night the hubs and I found ourselves at yet another O's game, but don't worry this post isn't really about the game (well, it is to a point). Anyway, we met up with a few (okay, more like twenty) of the hubs's co-workers for a fun Thursday night at Camden Yards. As we were wandering around the right field pavilion a woman came up to one of the hubs' coworkers and asked him if he would mind partaking in quick survey. He shot her down, which was very cold.

The woman then approached me and asked me if I would be willing to answer a few questions. She was decked out in O's gear and it was pretty obvious she was an O's employee. Sure, why not. A few minutes later I finish her survey and she hands me two tickets to a game later in the month.

The hubs of course oversaw this entire exchange and says to his co-worker, "SUCKER!!!!" My brother-in-law returned from his beverage run just in time to see me get handed two tickets and he started whining, "I want free stuff. How come she gets free stuff????"

Okay, the hubs is not helping me prove my point, but my point is that you should be nice to people. The hubs likes to make fun of me for talking to just about anyone, but my friendly personality just scored us two free baseball tickets. Granted, the O's give away as many tickets as they can, but that's not the point. I was nice to a stranger and received something good in return.

So with that being said, I hope you all have a very nice weekend. Remember to call your mom on Sunday and wish her a happy Mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment