Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Operation Surprise Bridal Shower

My sister is getting married in September and with each passing weekend she knew that she was getting closer and closer to her Bridal Shower. When I first asked my sister what type of shower she would like she gave the standard and gracious response, "well, I'd like to have a surprise shower, but I totally understand if that's too difficult to pull off."

Surprising my sister= piece of ice cream cake!!!

(JK sis, calm down)

I must tip my hat, if I wore a hat, to my sister's Maid of Honor. She came up with this elaborate plan that one of my sister's friends would invite my sister to this über private Bridal Expo. The two gals would go to the show with the hopes of winning some fancy door prizes. Well, my sister definitely walked out with her share of goodies, but she had no idea she was going to her own Bridal Shower.

The MOH asked the hotel to put up this fake info on their tvs. My sister really thought she was going to a Bridal Expo. Ha!



While my sister and I may in fact be related, we have opposite opinions in regards to the color pink. I hate it with the fiery power of a thousand burning suns and she absolutely loves it. She's one of those ladies who actually wears pink Yankees stuff. Yeah, I don't even want to go there. For her wedding my sister is using pink as an accent color and for the shower the Bridesmaids decided to go on a pink overload. I even wore a pink dress! (to be fair, it's an old bridesmaid's dress that I wore in a previous wedding. Thank goodness for J. Crew re-wearable bridesmaid's dresses!)



Pink centerpieces- made by the Made of Honor


Pink tissue paper at every place setting- made by me the night before. Okay, slightly last minute, but in my defense I took mass transit up to New Jersey and I didn't think these babies would survive in my bag. So I pre-cut the paper and assembled each flower Friday night while watching tv with my Grandma.


Okay, that's enough pink for me! Must take a break from pink related things.


Of course all of the guests yelled the normal, "SURPRISE!!!" when my sister entered the room.

So it seems the pink break wasn't that long because my sister is carrying a pink purse and the hotel walls are indeed a light pink color. Blast!

I have close to thirty pictures of my sister doing this:

I think it's safe to say that the bride-to-be enjoyed her shower.

Even though it was a surprise shower, it still had all the ingredients of a traditional bridal shower.

Presents.


(I had to ask a guy at the fabric store for help because I knew I couldn't pick out pink fabric on my own)

Ridiculously good cake. Seriously, I may only order ice cream cakes from Cold Stone Creamery from now on.




Questionable headgear and slightly corny games.

Lots of family members and friends.












And of course a kick butt group of bridesmaids (I may be slightly biased on this one).


This one definitely wasn't traditional, but after the shower my sister started attacking all of the balloons. Her MOH and I objected to releasing the balloons into the atmosphere (hello, that's bad for the environment), so my sister took it upon herself to attack the balloons ninja style.

No comments:

Post a Comment