Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vegas?!?!?!?!?!

Confession: I am a self-proclaimed Vegas hater. I know loads of people that have been to Vegas and they've said they loved it. I just have no desire to ever go there.

For starters, extreme sunshine and me aren't the greatest of friends. Of course one could counter and say that in Vegas most of the festivities begin once the sun goes down. I see that point, but I'm more of a morning person. Staying up until the crack of down isn't really one of my favorite activities.

I'm not a gambler. I don't have enough money to "throw it away." I'd rather spend money on shoes or purses and not drop $300 on a craps table. I'm 26 years old and I've never even bought a lottery ticket.

I have absolutely no desire to ever carry around a three foot alcoholic beverage or try to drink the strip (both of which are favorite activities of my brother-in-law).

If I see the Paris hotel in Vegas I won't marvel in it's grand nature, instead I'll be wishing I was in Paris. The same thing goes for the Venetian. Except, there I'll just start reminiscing about the wonderful time I had in Venice.

Anyway, I could go on a total Debbie Downer rant and list a million other reasons I'm not a Vegas person. Unfortunately, my hubs is a Vegas fan. He goes every year with his brother and every year he tries to list a million reasons that I should go with him. Until now, he hasn't been successful.

That all changed yesterday. We've talked about going to Vegas in November. There was an actual adult discussion and it didn't include me huffing and puffing and crying, "I don't want to go!" Instead, we agreed to go with one very big condition. I would take my hubs away from the Vegas glare for a day, while the two of us spent eight hours on a bus so that we could visit the Grand Canyon. Give me an amazing natural formation and I'll hang out with you in Vegas for a few days. I'll even put on a smile.

Oh, Southwest pushed us toward finalizing our Vegas trip. Fares are on sale right now (until midnight). I believe fares start at $30 and head on up to $90. We're flying to Vegas for $90 each. Then, we're flying to Phoenix from Vegas for $30. We're spending a few days with my mother-in-law, which should be a nice time. Then, we're flying back to Baltimore from Phoenix for $90. I don't fly all that often, but those prices sound pretty frickin amazing to me!!!

So, if you've been teetering on whether or not to go somewhere this fall- head over to Southwest and make up your mind already! Who knows, I might see you in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment