Sunday, April 18, 2010

Craziness (Part Deux!)

I swear to goodness I haven't been hit by a bus.

Or, a train (which is more likely given my daily commute).

I've just been living my life. The somewhat carefree life of a 27 year old. Oh who am I kidding, I'm stressed out like crazy, but haven't fun while doing it.

In a nutshell my daily routine goes something like this:

5:40am wake up, shower, eat breakfast, get ready for work

6:30am leave for work

7:13am smooch hubs goodbye when he drops me off at the train station

7:48am get off train and walk to work

8:00am to 4:40pm the daily gig at work. The thing I love and happens to pay me so I can buy shiny stuff*

4:58pm catch the train home

5:31pm smooch the hubs and frantically listen to the traffic report

6:05-6:45pm get home sometime in this time frame. I'll stay it again, "I HATE rush hour traffic!!!"

So from 6:45pm to 10:30pm I get to cook dinner, walk a pooch, possibly go for a run, sit down and watch some tv, call friends, and try to do as many errands as possible because the last thing I want to do on a Saturday afternoon is clean the bathroom!!!

Oh wait, Monday nights I play in a softball league, so those nights are different. Crap, Thursdays I play in a kickball league, which means I'm anti-routine on Thursdays as well.

I love my job, but it does irk me that the mere thought of hitting the snooze button in the morning paralyzes me with such a fear that I'm worried the entire axis of my day would be so far shifted I wouldn't be able to function anywhere near normal. Craziness indeed!

Add into all this the fun times that I'm running again and the hubs and I are seriously starting to look at homes because our lease is up in a few months and that doesn't leave much time for free time.

Honestly, what I'm saying is that when I come home from work the last thing I want to do is plop down in front of my computer. Thus, my blogging lifestyle has taken quite the hit. It sucks because I've been doing fun stuff: baking new recipes, sewing new things, visiting interesting places, and drinking quite a bit of wine :)

But, here is my pledge to start blogging at LEAST twice a week. Although, I'm out of town for work for two of the next three weeks, but whatever. I can do it!

Don't abandon me, I promise I'll get back on track. I've got some cool things to share in the next few weeks, so keep checking back for updates.



*Shiny things is what my boss calls fun, but not always tiny, indulges. It's funny because every Monday she'll go, "get anything shiny this weekend?" Sometimes it's a cool electronic (hello iMac!) and sometimes it's new clothes (guilty as charged).

No comments:

Post a Comment