Friday, April 30, 2010

Well hello DC!!!

I've wanted to live and work in Washington DC since I was 8 years old. Unfortunately, I neither live there nor work there. I'm getting closer, but I just don't see myself being able to afford DC's cost of living any time soon.

So, when I head down to DC, I act like a total tourist.

I mean, stop-in-the-middle-of-the-road and take a picture tourist.


Yeah, I'm a dork like that. DEAL with IT!!!

It's alright, I get my best friend in the touristy action. She took a picture post-race with the Washington Monument.


Hopefully, the hubs and I will make a few more trips down to DC in the next few months. I can't believe I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler and only saw TWO blooming cherry trees!!! That makes me the anti-tourist because I didn't get a single picture of the trees. Crazy talk!

On a plus note, I finished the race way faster than I hoped/intended. I had barely been running and somehow managed to average sub 9 minute miles. Not crazy fast, but a heck of a lot faster than I thought I would run for 10 miles. Now, I need to do the same for a half-marathon and I'll be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I have lived within an hour and a half of DC my entire life and even lived right outside the city while in college and I still act like a tourist whenever I go there (several times a year!). We didn't make The Cherry Blossom Festival this year though. :(

    ReplyDelete