Thursday, August 12, 2010

Third time's a charm!

The hubs and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary last night and in his typical fashion the hubs blew me away. I must confess, the hubs doesn't do those large scale, grand, romantic gestures. You know how Seal proposed to Heidi Klum in an ice castle (or igloo!)? Yeah, my hubs would never do something like that. He's never even bought me roses before!

Anyway, I digress.

I was actually running a bit late on my way home from work and he called to make sure I was alright. The silly train was running a bit tardy due to the high temperatures (something about continuous lines and the metal stretches and bends when it's ridiculously hot out. I'm not really sure, but the hubs could break it down for you.).

I walk through the front door and there's the hubs putting the finishing touches on dinner. I immediately looked confused because I thought we were going out to dinner.

There's the hubs wearing a purple collared shirt I bought him, striped tie, dress slacks and dress shoes in the kitchen. We're not really wear shoes in the house type people, so it really was the shoes (and tie) that caught me off guard. He just looked up and said, "dinner's ready!'

I sat down and realized I would trade those large romantic gestures for my hubs any day of the week. Just a simple meal for two and I'm set. Of course it helps that the hubs has a penchant for details. He bought a candle for the table and picked up a small bouquet of fresh flowers just to spice things up a bit.

I've got to say, we're really found our grove here lately. We've never been a couple that fights all the time, but we haven't even had a serious disagreement since March. Trust me, we're too opinionated people, but we really respect each other's opinions so our little banters never come across as arguments.

How bad could it be? I make him cheesecake even though I hate it and he brings me fresh cappuccino when I'm stressed out and doing work on a Saturday afternoon.




He's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment