Sunday, December 19, 2010

Vegas Baby!


After years of complaining about my husband going to the same spot every year and backing out of last year's trip to Sin City, I finally made it to Vegas. Sure, I huffed and I puffed about not wanting to go, but at soon as we rolled into BWI I was incredibly ready for vacation. Then, I lost both my boarding pass and driver's license for a whopping 95 seconds in the airport. Whew! That was almost a bad start to the trip!

Without further ado, here's a few pictures from the trip. I will be totally honest, I was completely blown away by the amount of Christmas decor in Vegas. For some strange reason I thought such a hedonistic place would be devoid of all references to the birth of Jesus Christ. Then again, prostitution is in the bible, so maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised to see a few Christmas trees here and there.

The hubs booked a private limo tour of the strip just for the two of us on our first night there. That had to have been the coolest way to get a lay of the land and see almost everything along the strip. The two bottles of Champagne didn't hurt either :)









I couldn't figure out if Starbucks or Louis Vuitton was more abundant in Vegas. It seemed you ran into either store every time you turned around!






The morning we left our home away from home, The Venetian, the Rock N Roll Las Vegas Marathon and Half Marathon had taken over the Strip. I had entertained thoughts of running the half, but I must confess that it was much more enjoyable to walk around and watch people run while drinking coffee at 8:30 in the morning rather than running. I don't know if Vegas and running that sort of distance would have agreed with me ;) There's always next time!

It was a fantastic trip and I honestly might go back again. Not next year (it's my turn to pick the destination!), but certainly again in the future sometime. We've got nothing but the rest of our lives to head on back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment