Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 Race Calendar

I haven't signed up for too many races yet for this racing year, but here's what I'm thinking for right now. Any other fun races in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC area I should look to add into the mix?


March:
3/4 B&A Half Marathon - need to sign up soon
3/11 Kelley St. Patrick's Day 5k - already registered

April:
4/1 Cherry Blossom 10 Miler - already registered
4/15 Clyde's 10k

May:
5/6 Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon - registering this week

June:
6/16 Baltimore 10 Miler - registration opens in March

August:
8/26 Annapolis 10 Miler - registration opens later

September:
TBD Parks Half Marathon - registration opens later

October:
10.28 Marine Corps Marathon - registration opens March 7th (already have a calendar appointment created)

November:
TBD Annapolis Half Marathon - registration opens later


Wild Cards:
I really want to run the Baltimore Half Marathon again, but I don't know if doing a race that close to Marine Corps is a good idea. I'm going to mull that one over for a bit. I can always sign up for the half at a later date.

I also really want to run a turkey trot and a winter 5k in December. I missed running a 5k this past Thanksgiving, but at only four days most-marathon it probably wasn't the best idea to race.

The only thing that is really depressing is how much it costs to sign up for that many races! I'd love to do a race a month, but the money really does add up. I think the hubs is going to start to deduct my racing fees from my annual shoe budget. Good thing we have a rule of thumb that athletic stuff isn't calculated into our personal budgets for the year! That's what happens when you have to jocks in the same household.

Yeah, the more I look at it I need to pick up another half marathon. Right now I only have three really planned and four just sounds better than three. Although, I only did two half marathons last year so maybe the smart play is to increase it to three this year.

Have you made your racing calendar yet for 2012? Any races you can't wait to run this year? Any new distances you're trying? Anything else you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment