Sunday, April 15, 2012

Photo of the week: March 27, 2012


I'm definitely a few weeks behind on photo of the week postings. I hope to catch up soon!

Here's a photo of a cruise ship going past my hotel room while I was down in San Juan a few weeks ago.




Exposure - 1.6
Aperture - f/5.6
ISO - 400

This was a hard shot to take because it was at night, my camera was fogging up from the humidity, I didn't have a tripod, and the boat was moving. However, out of the few pictures I took I think this one came out the best. I could have zoomed in closer, but I then I would have lost the waves crashing in the foreground. Night photography is something I definitely need to get better at!

This was a lot of fun because I had to use my manual focusing rather than auto focusing. That was definitely a challenge with a moving boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment