Friday, August 31, 2012

Margarita Cupcakes: Let's get this weekend started!



Need a quick pick-me-up or fast party treat for this weekend's festivities?  If you answered yes, then I highly recommend these Margarita Cupcakes from Brown Eyed Baker. One of my co-workers sent me the recipe and I had to make it.  Next time I'll garnish the cupcakes with lime slices, but I didn't have enough limes to do that this time around. 

Here is how Michelle, author of Brown Eyed Baker, describes these cupcakes: 

"They are definitely not innocent. They are all things tequila and lime."

The hubs said almost the same thing when he acted as my official taste tester. 



Cupcakes Ingredients: Granulated Sugar, All-purpose flour, Salt, Butter, Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Limes, Eggs, Buttermilk, and Tequila 


You'll need two limes for this recipe.  1.5 limes for the cupcakes and then the remaining half of a lime to juice for the frosting.


I have a minor obsession with lime and lemon zest.  Anytime I can zest something I'm going to do it. I just love the smell.


I switched up the recipe and made mini-cupcakes rather than full size cupcakes. I just switched up the prescribed baking time from 25 to 18-20 minutes.



Frosting Ingredients: Butter, lime, course salt, powdered sugar, and Tequila.



You can definitely taste the tequila, especially in the frosting :)


Enjoy!


I followed the directions to a T, except for a minor modification for the mini cupcake size baking time, and these came out great! I'll definitely be trying a few more recipes from Brown Eyed Baker in the future. 

What are you baking this weekend?  Any other favorite baking blogs you want to share? 





1 comment:

  1. I was sold with cupcake and margarita!! These look and sound divine! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I got the top at Francescas. :)
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete