Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013: Let's do this thing!

I went through my typical New Year's cynicism earlier this week and thought to myself, "what's the big deal? It's just a Tuesday."  Thankfully the negativity was due to sleep deprivation and after a strong cup of coffee I was void of negative thoughts. Well, mostly :)

Here it is, my to-do list for 2013.  Remember, I hate calling them resolutions.

Blog: 

  • Post quality content 2-3 times a week.  Look, I'm never going to be able to post 4-5 times a week on any type of routine basis.  It's just not going to happen.  I have a few reoccurring post ideas up my sleeve and I hope they go over well.  
  • Engage more with other bloggers.  I haven't really pursued connecting with the larger Baltimore and DC blogging community more than the occasional comment on someone's blog.  I'm hoping to switch that up this year. 
House:
  • More decorating projects! I bought the hubs two pieces of artwork for Christmas and our very bare walls need quite a bit of assistance.  I'm making a list of all the smaller home projects I can tackle on my own since my hubs won't be able to lift his arm above his head for the next 5-6 months :( 
  • Kitchen renovation.  This is happening in the fall. Period. End of story. I'm not talking about a little kitchen updating with refreshing some cabinets and adding a backsplash.  I mean taking the sucker down to the studs, demolishing a wall (non-load bearing!), moving plumbing, and starting from square one. Our house is going to feel like an almost brand new house once the kitchen is done because included in the kitchen renovation budget is putting in hardwood floors for not only the kitchen, but the dining room and living room. It's going to make a massive impact on our house and I can't wait.
Life:
  • Fashion. Buy American made pieces.  I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but I have enough clothes.  Instead of buying a bunch of trendy pieces that will only last a season or two, I'm going to focus the limited resources I have this year on buying quality pieces made right here in the USA.  
  • Run less, work out more.  Running is taking a back seat in my life.  I've only run a handful of times since my last marathon and I've realized that by training for longer races all the time I'm tired all the time and actually work out less.  I don't even remember the last time I did a serious set of sit ups or any type of weight training.  I don't have a single marathon planned for this year and for once I'm okay with that decision.  I know I can't run a marathon this fall because of the kitchen renovation.  I imagine my weekends in the summer and fall are going to be filled with kitchen related items and being tired all the time isn't going to work well with that process. Plus, I turn 30 this year and this is going to sound crazy, but I need to work out more and get in shape.  Running isn't cutting it anymore and I need to get myself back in shape.
  • Start a family. BAM! Putting that one out there.  The reason I need to get in shape this year is because after the kitchen is done the hubs and I hope to try to start a family.  We've put this off more than once and the time has come to stop putting it off anymore. I'll be on the wrong side of 30 come next month, so getting in shape is key if the hubs and I decide to try to have a baby the old fashioned way.  Now, I don't know what starting a family means just yet because we still haven't fully decided if we want to adopt first or try to have a biological child first. We're a split household on that decision, so only time will tell. 
That's a pretty tall list if you ask me!  Here is goes 2013. Let's do this thing! 

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with all of these! Especially that last one, so exciting!

    Jamie
    forevereightyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!!! Start a family!!!!! :) AJ needs a friend :)

    ReplyDelete