Friday, January 25, 2013

American Woman: Baby It's Cold Outside!


It looks like Mother Nature finally got the memo that it was winter time and decided it was enough of this warm weather.  I actually had to break out my winter coat this week, but I'm wishing I could trade in my gray peacoat for any of these American made beauties.


1/ 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 

Seriously, I'm in love with all of them!  The tie on the Fleurette wrap coat is amazing.  Don't worry, it's a faux-fur collar on the Karen Kane coat and how fun is that texture?   The color on that knee-length Fleurette wool coat is spot on with all of the Oxblood trends. The leather sleeves on the Guess coat... I die. I love, love, love the quilted texture of the Filson jacket. And of course you can never go wrong with a cape, which is why I'm completely smitten with both the Schott NYC and Mettlers capes.

But, wait because there's more.




The skies have parted and this classic staple navy peacoat from Filson is ON SALE. $150 for a peacoat? That's a STEAL. 

Besides a heavy coat I'm living in sweater tights from Target (tons of them are made in the USA) and cuddling up with a Boston Terrier by the fire.  

How about you?  How are you dealing with the cold weather?  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. These coats definitely would have been helpful during NYFW! I think I need to invest in a statement coat if I ever go back to fashion week. It was great to finally meet you at IFB.

      Delete