Friday, February 1, 2013

Baby shower cake

This is how conversations go at my office:
Co-worker: Heidi, we're having a ________ party. Can you make a cake?

My response: Always! 

The latest office treat: a double decker cake for a co-worker's baby shower. 




I love office parties!


Bottom layer: Spice Cake (recipe from Better Homes & Gardens) with a raspberry filling. 

Top layer: Dark Chocolate Cake (recipe from Martha Stewart) with vanilla frosting.  

The entire cake was then loaded frosted with more vanilla frosting. The bottom layer was two-9inch cakes and the top layer was two-6inch cakes.  I had leftover batter from the chocolate cakes, which meant I made 5 cupcakes for the hubs.  

And yes, more than one of my co-workers decided to take a slice of each level of the cake.  I didn't have any leftovers to bring home, so I took that as a good sign. 




No comments:

Post a Comment