Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring Flowers




My aunt bought these two simple arrangements down with her from New Jersey.  I love that she selected simple flowers that were grown in the USA.  She knows me so well.  I was also thrilled that my mother tripled my fancy vase supply when she gave me two gorgeous Wedgwood crystal vases for my birthday.  I now have three crystal vases! It's like I'm a real adult! 


It's that time of the year again: spring is coming. 

My initial reaction is to throw on as many pieces of black clothing I own, pout, and throw dirt at everyone wearing spring clothes. 

I realize that might be a bit childish and I'm a grown woman now... I should save such childish behavior for more important moments.  Like when someone else drinks the last of the vodka coffee and doesn't replenish my supply. 




I don't know. It was pretty nice to curl up with a magazine book and read whilst basking in the sunlight pouring in my living room windows, all while smelling fresh flowers.  The best part, I didn't even have to put on sunscreen :)

How about you - are you looking forward to the coming season change or are you holding tight to winter like me? 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures and I love the vases. Looks like winter is still here for this week at least. Enjoy. I blame you winter loving folks for the delay of spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe! I know you're not happy right now with the weather forecast, but I'm like a kid in a candy store.

    ReplyDelete