Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beer and Bourbon Classic at Pimlico Race Course

There's just something about summer and festivals going hand and hand.  As the weather heats up it's always nice to get outside, have a few beverages, and see what's going on in the local community.  After having a ton of fun at last year's Brew and Bourbon Festival at Laurel Park, the hubs and I were looking forward to this year's festival at Pimlico. We were able to meet up with some friends and enjoy a few tasty brews. 

Please note: I left my camera at home (something I'm actually trying to do more of this year!) and all of these photos are from my iPhone 5. 


I have no idea what any of that information means! 


Oh yeah, a tropical storm was slowly rolling out which meant the day started with lots of mud and a few sprinkles.  In true form, I had NO IDEA what to wear!  I'm not kidding, but I had my rain boots in the car as a backup option. 


And then the sun came out.  Good thing I had SPF 100 in my purse. (not kidding)


Overall a great time was had by all.  There was plenty of free parking, the festival was indoors (thus protected from the departing tropical storm), lots of space to roam, and once the weather turned sunny it was nice to sit out on the grandstands and watch a few races. Oh, and there were over 60 types of beers, bourbons, and wines to try.  Minor detail. :)

Full disclaimer here, but I know absolutely nothing about horse racing.  This is somewhat of a shock because I actually have friends and family members who race horses. I understand win, place, show, but any other betting terms after that are completely foreign to me.  

You can imagine my surprise when the hubs bet something with the word, "box" in it and won $48.80 on that pretty grey horse above.  Seriously, I got nothing.  All I know is he bet on two races for a total sum of $8 and he won on the one race. All I know is I came home with $20 worth of premium chocolate form Parfections.  



Definitely a good investment in my book!  Dark chocolate, bacon and sea salt!

What festivals do you plan on going to this summer?

Also, please remember to drink responsibly and always designate a driver or take mass transit.  Drinking and driving is never cool. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment