Thursday, July 25, 2013

Beating the heat





Made in USA: Shirt: Bobeau (similar)  // Camisole: American Apparel // Skirt:  old Anthropologie // Clutch: Gigee Marie //  Nail Polish: Essie 'Marathin

Imported/Unknown: Shoes: Target // Bracelet: Derng // Pearl Ring: family heirloom //


This is the first time I've worn my hair down in longer than I can remember. I don't know about where you live, but the heat has been oppressive on the East Coast for the past few weeks. I get that it's summer and all, but every time I decide to chop off my hair I realize I can't live without my topknots, braids, chignons, and good ol' fashioned ponytails. 

It was rather nice to walk to work this morning and not have to immediately pull my hair back or feel like I needed to shower after walking outside for 15 minutes. #masstransitproblems

I'm surviving this summer heat in lots of breathable fabrics, light camisoles, and plenty of easy, breezy skirts and dresses. I'm pretty sure I don't own pants anymore.

How are you managing the summer heat?

5 comments:

  1. I love this retro feminine look, you are lovely!

    www.indigokat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate! I've been wearing my hair up nonstop it's soo hot here in california it's been above 100 degrees for the past month.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word! I'd cry if it was that how and for that long. You are a much braver soul than me because I would be hiding out in a chilly basement somewhere.

      Delete
  3. love this look! It's perfect for work - the colors look so pretty on your porcelain skin! :)

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete