Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chambray and Seersucker


Made in USA: Chambray Top: AG Jeans (similar) // Purse: J.W. Hulme // Sandals: Telic // Belt: Chicago Belt Company

Imported/Unknown: old Hat unknown (made in USA option) // Seersucker shorts: old J.Crew (made in USA option) // Shades: old Ray Ban (made in USA option

What does one wear when it's nearly 90 degrees and yet you plan to be outside all day acting like a tourist? My take on this is usually, "what do I wear to ensure my face and shoulders don't get sunburnt" because those are the things that always seem to burn the nanosecond I don't apply SPF 75+.  The hubs thought I was crazy, but sometimes a rolled up long sleeve shirt is just what the doctor ordered.

I was actually brave a few days while in the Outer Banks and I ventured outside during peak sun hours, which I usually avoid like the plague. Granted, the one day was a beach day and I literally walked down to the beach with my own personal beach umbrella and all my friends let me rotate positions so I could stay in the shade for the entire time. And yes, I wore a hat and tshirt into the water because it takes a lot of work to be this pale!  You know you're the token pale beach goer when you hop in line to reapply your sunscreen when parents start chasing their toddlers to force them to reapply.

I may or may not have been the prime example in, "see - Heidi is reapplying her sunscreen. Don't you want to reapply like Heidi?"This is what happens when people your age start procreating and your idea of "growing older" means drinking aged whiskey.

When a 16 month old looks at you and can basically thinks aloud, "why is she so pale?" you know you're pigmentally challenged.

But, guess who came home with zero sunburn? Yeah, this chick!

8 comments:

  1. Chambray is so perfect for Summer and I love how you paired it with that hat!

    Would love to know what you think of my latest if you have a second!

    www.cablecarchic.com

    xox
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos! this outfit is so dang cute! love the chambray look and cute sandals!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. So relaxed. Hope you're having a great time. And drinking good whiskey. :D

    http://americanmadeguidetolife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you do need to sport the longer sleeves to protect from the sun! Great look. Loving those shorts girl.

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this combo!
    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit looks so beautiful and relaxed!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous hat, I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete