Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Recipe



Can we chat for a second? I think we're all guilty of going a little Pinterest crazy these days. Don't get me wrong, it's admirable and amazing that we spend so much time tracking down the perfect recipe for just about everything.  Half the fun is the find, right?

But you know what makes the best recipe? It's the one you find on the back of the Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chip bag on a Saturday afternoon after you've finished grocery shopping. It's the recipe where you magically have all of the necessary ingredients in your pantry because you already went grocery shopping and you're not heading back out to pick up more flour. Even if that means you can't eat eggs for breakfast the next morning because you won't have enough to bake cookies and make eggs. Let's be honest, cookies trump eggs any day of the week in my house.

This was my life on Saturday afternoon. I had a hankering for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, but that desire didn't occur until after I picked up macadamia nuts at the grocery store. I spent some time on Pinterest looking for a recipe and got shot down a few times by ingredients I didn't have on hand. I usually do keep a lemon in the house just in case something calls for fresh lemon peel or lemon zest, but at that particular moment in time the last of my fresh lemon was submerged in hot tea and couldn't be saved.

That's when I realized there was a recipe on the back of the bag and I had all the ingredients.

That my friends, is what makes the best recipe. It's the recipe you can whip up at the moment your craving sets in, you have the ingredients, it makes your house smelly yummy, and the finished product is incredibly tasty. Add a glass of milk and life is good. Snuggling by the fire is optional, but a nice garnish.

Oh, and the cookies were amazing as well. My tip for cookies: if the baking instructions say bake for 10-12 minutes don't bake them over 10. The cookies will keep baking once their out of the oven and you don't want them drying out.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! I never pass up a good new cookie recipe to test out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I'm always down for anything chocolate, especially in a good cookie:) Thanks for sharing!

    xo
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete